All About You is a Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2017 and the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
For All About You to comply with this regulation, we are required to notify you with regards to what personal data our Salon holds about you, why we hold and process it, who we might share it with and your rights and freedoms under the Law. We also require your permission for us to contact you about anything other than your beauty treatments, such as sending you a newsletter or special offers.
We will ask your permission at your appointments.
Types of Personal Data
The Salon holds personal data in the following categories:
1. Client health data and contact details such as phone numbers and email address.
2. Staff employment data.
3. Suppliers /contractors data.
Why we process Personal Data (what is the “purpose”)
“Process” means we obtain, store, update and archive data.
1. Client data is held for providing Clients with appropriate, high quality, safe and effective beauty treatments.
2. Staff employment data is held in accordance with Employment, Taxation and Pensions law.
3. Suppliers / contractors data is held for good management and to maintain any contracts.
What is All About You Lawful Basis for processing Personal Data?
The Law says we must tell you this:
1. Clients data is held because it is in our Legitimate Interest to do so. Without holding the data, we cannot continue to work effectively.
2. Staff employment data is held because it is a Legal Obligation for us to do so.
3. Supplier / Contractors data is held because it is used to fulfil a Contract with us.
Who might we share your data with?
We can only share data if it is done securely and it is necessary to do so.
1. Client data may be shared with other professionals who need to be involved in your treatment (for example if we seek advice from
supplier about your condition and treatment).
2. Client data is stored securely for booking appointments and back-up purposes with our computer software supplier.
3. Employment data will be shared with government agencies such as HMRC.
You have the right to:
1. Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
2. Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly: we will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one
month or sooner.
3. Check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not.
4. Have your data erased in certain circumstances.
5. Transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so.
6. Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances.
How long is the Personal Data stored for?
We will store Client data for as long as we are providing treatment or because you opted in to being on our mailing list. We will archive your data (that is, store it without further action) for as long as is required for legal purposes.
1. We must store employment data for six years after an employee has left.
2. We must store contractors’ data for seven years after the contract is ended.
We will regularly ask for your consent to contact you and by what means we can contact you.
What if you are not happy or wish to raise a concern about our data processing?
You can complain in the first instance to All About You. Our Data protection Officer is Rebecca Diston firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to resolve the matter. If this fails, you can complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling 0303 123 1113